Energy Sales Professional
Location: Albany, NY
The Energy Sales Professional is responsible for acquiring new energy solution sales to meet individual targeted, annual growth rate and sales quota for direct to end user sales and indirect to strategic energy service companies.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility is to initiate new prospects for our energy solutions offering
- Develop sales strategies to meet sales goals and ensure peak performance
- Lead the sales process from initial contract through successful deal closure and booking
- Build and maintain key customer relationships and successfully acquire positive references to generate new energy sales
- Maximize sales by regularly connecting with well established customers to maintain current relationships and identify market opportunities to develop new customers
- Maintain a continuous sales funnel and update as directed by management
- Utilize operations as a resource in the selling process
- Become active in industry-related organizations and with market organizations that you are primarily selling
- Work in a team environment that includes managers, sales, estimating, design / CADD, construction and service personnel to drive business for all Danforth’s offerings
Qualifications & Training:
- BS/BA in related discipline is highly desirable, and advanced degree is a plus with equivalent work and field experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Ability to manage complex sales that include financial, political, technical and procurement strategies
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment
- Typically 5 – 8 years of successful experience in executive level selling
- Willingness to travel throughout the Northeast as a sales coverage territory
Note: Please be sure to include your resume as an attachment to the email.