Heldesk Technician II
Location: Albany, NY
The Helpdesk Technician II is the first point of escalation when an incident or service request is reported by an end-user, but an immediate solution cannot be provided. The Level II Technician is responsible for basic-to-intermediate customer issues, such as hardware/software support, configuration issues, and software installs, and will escalate to Helpdesk Technician III when necessary.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install and configure software and hardware for client machines
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations on client machines
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade end-user systems with new releases and models
- Maintain all local software and hardware licensing to ensure compliance
- Manage and provisioning of Mobile Devices (Cell Phones, Tablets)
- Provide period IT Asset stock replenishment requests for fulfillment by Helpdesk Technician I
- Identify & coordinate existing/future Job Site/Office technology needs for fulfillment by Helpdesk Technician III
Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience/training
- 2-4 years experience in the IT field
- Understanding of computer systems, networks, infrastructure, etc.
- Strong communication skills to bridge the technical and non-technical teams
- Customer service oriented with a problem solving attitude
- Hands-on experience with helpdesk and remote control tools
Note: Please be sure to include your resume as an attachment to the email.