Location: Albany, NY
The Project Engineer is responsible for the successful completion of project related activities according to JWD standards and expectations.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling of direct and indirect project work.
- Interfacing with client and owner representatives.
- Review of project scope with Field Foreman.
- Assuring project is entered into corporate system accurately and completely.
- Review invoice amounts with client and request project invoicing from accounting.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Attend weekly inter-office scheduling and coordination meetings.
- Perform on-site inspections of work in progress and review for client satisfaction.
- Maintain a daily log of activities and correspondence.
- Assure that tools and equipment are returned.
- Coordinate activities between field and shop, subcontractors and owner’s suppliers.
- Review cost reports and variances.
- Negotiate and administer scope changes in the work.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work with craft people and client personnel.
- Ability to estimate work.
Qualifications & Training:
- Suggest BS Degree in Engineering or Associate Degree in Construction related field. 0-5 years’ experience in the industry.
- Proficiency in computer based management systems.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs to view potential work.
- Employee is required to perform typical office activities.
- Employee is required to perform difficult physical maneuvers including lifting, stretching, climbing, crawling, etc. No handicap amenities provided.
- Work environment consists of a standard office environment. The temperature and noise levels in the work environment are moderate. Aisle areas are open.
- Work environment consists of construction areas which are often dirty, non-climate controlled, difficult access and dangerous.
Note: Please be sure to include your resume as an attachment to the email.